- All participants must register.
- Authentic and modern camping will be set up in designated areas only.
- No modern anachronisms will be permitted in the authentic camps.
- Authentic camps will be open to public viewing only at designated properly guarded times.
- All vehicles must be parked in designated areas. 30 minutes allowed for unloading. After that, the vehicle must be moved or it will be towed away at the owner's expense.
- No tents (including sutlers') shall be taken down before the end of Sunday's battle.
- No pets allowed in authentic camps or battlefield. Pets are permitted in modern camps
- All confederate uniforms shall be of correct western theater depot or commutation pattern in jeanscloth or other appropriate wool and cotton cloth material.
- All officers and men should wear a minimum of rank distinction, insignia, and uniform trim.
- All leather accouterments shall be correct patterns. All buckles, plates, buttons, etc. must be the correct pattern.
- Modern eyeglasses are prohibited.
- Wristwatches are prohibited.
- Modern rings and other jewelry are prohibited.
- Cameras, if carried, must be hidden. Any photography must be done out of sight of spectators.
- Only percussion military firearms designed before 1865 and other firearms historically accurate for the Battle of Selma will be permitted on the field, and shotguns can be carried only by mounted cavalry -- exceptions to these rules will be permitted ONLY if their use is part of an approved scenario.
- Horses must be authentically equipped and their owners must assume the responsibility for their care and safety.
- Notice to all women portraying male soldiers: "Inasmuch as Victorian women were precluded from serving as soldiers under arms during the War Between the States, a soldier who is discovered to be female, by requested admission, shall be discharged from service and excluded from military duties on and off the field by the respective battalion commander as was the practice during the War."
- For photography purposes, do not smile during battles.
- Artillery must be full scale. Both tube and carriage must meet period specifications. Iron reproductions of bronze tubes (e.g., 12-pdr. Napoleons) must be painted bronze.
- Colors will only be carried by adults. Only late-War, western army colors will be allowed in Battle of Selma on Sunday.
- Ladies must be in period dress at all times in authentic campsites.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 30 March 2011 16:19)