The Battle of Selma Ball at Sturdivant Hall is a once in a life time event for vistors and re-enactors.
Registered Reenactors who appear in period dress are not required to purchase tickets but must have their issued pass. (See Standards below)
- Every re-enactor onsite is encouraged to attend the Ball.
- Period dress ONLY, no exceptions. Soldiers - Dress uniforms preferred. Hats optional. Polished brass, white cotton gloves, etc., are encouraged.
- ALL WEAPONS PROHIBITED. Do not wear swords, pistols, cartridge boxes, cap pouches, etc.
- Re-enactors must show Ball Pass issued at entrance.
- The Jeff Davis Artillery will furnish a Ball Pass/ticket check point just inside the front gate.
- Non-re-enactors /Civilians - no uniforms, period costumes only. April 1865 Society, Inc. members only.
- Present card at the door with name of couple PRINTED to have name announced (7-8 PM only).
- The Jeff Davis Artillery will also receive the Pass/cards from attendees at the front door and our announcer will announce them to the receiving line.
- Guards at front door will not hesitate to remind men to remove head dress
- 19th Century manners are encouraged. Imbibing is fine but public intoxication is not for gentlemen. Spittoons will not be provided.
- Every one should be instructed when they encounter a camera to treat it as a person, curtsy, nod of the head, bow, or ignore.( do not back up, turn away, or flee)
- Do not drive modern vehicles to campsites after ball. YOU WILL BE TOWED.
Click Here for additional information on Sturdivant Hall
Last Updated (Sunday, 31 March 2013 16:40)